WPPM is the brain child of Ray Werden; after over twenty-five years dealing with clients’ investment requirements as either a Tax Accountant or Financial Planner; Ray thought the time was right to offer a high performance investment solution for clients.
The essence of what we do is bring the principles of Fund Management to bear on Property Development, by offering an integrated investment structure to selected individuals.
We offer development opportunities held via investment trusts to private and sophisticated investors and manage the property development for a small fee in order to produce profits from buying and holding or developing property
Property development is a risky business and so the returns are high when you get it right.
In order to minimise risk we do the following:
- Always raise enough capital from investors to at least own the land. This is a delicate balancing act because profit is a finite commodity and so if you raise too much; it erodes the return on your investors’ capital and if you don’t raise enough; you can’t withstand market gyrations like we’re experiencing right now.
- Target projects with a high return on investment; that way if things don’t go your way i.e. it costs more to build than you forecast or you don’t sell for the price you expected; then the return achieved is still respectable
- Research; we spend a lot of time plugging numbers into spreadsheets and wearing out shoe leather in the quest to find the right opportunity; you need to look at twenty deals in detail in order to get one over the line.
- We develop niche and affordable product. You can see from our current work in progress that without exception our warehouses; residential and office properties are affordable; in excellent locations and gives us a niche that is all our own. As an investor you can be sure that we don’t do a project for the sake of turnover or generating fees; we’re not interested in developing in locations or market segments where the end product doesn’t clearly stand out as being unique. Property development can be very lucrative but only if you’re selective about what you market to the public.
- Surround ourselves with good people in the areas of architecture; engineering; real estate agents; consulting legal and accounting. Property development is too cut throat to collaborate with even just average people; everyone on our team is motivated and looking out for the best interests of our clients
- We participate in all our projects; that is we put the deposit on the land and then with confidence tell our clients it’s a good opportunity come and invest
- The land we purchase is always owned by the unit trust that investors buy units in
- Ray Werden guarantees construction debt; which means that in a worst case scenario investors can’t be called on to contribute any more than their original capital
- Reputation and history is on your side when you invest with WPPM; Ray Werden's Financial Planning business manages more than $200 million worth of people’s money and has done it for over twenty years; the damage to his reputation if he were to put a foot wrong doesn’t bear contemplating. When investing with WPPM you get the combined experience; integrity; business acumen and deal making skill of Ray Werden and his associates which is a pretty formidable combination
The office bearers of WPPM are:
Ray Werden B Bus Dip FP Certified Financial Planner Director
Ray Werden is well qualified to create and monitor a high performance investment portfolio on behalf of his clients as his experience indicates:
In 1986 Ray completed a Degree in Accountancy. From 1986 to 1990, Ray worked for some of Melbourne’s best chartered accounting firms. From 1990 to 1994 Ray ran his own accountancy practice specialising in small business/financial management and taxation
From 1994 until now Ray has been operating exclusively as a Financial Planner and having completed a Diploma of Financial Planning, is now a Certified Financial Planner and the managing director of his own Australian Financial Services Licence (AFSL no 280201).
His AFSL is neither owned by nor owes allegiance to any Life Office or Fund Manager. In short his concern is the client and achieving the best possible results he can on their behalf.
Back to Top